Network Monitoring Software
Ipswitch WhatsUp Gold completely reimagines how you discover, visualize, troubleshoot and monitor your IT environment.
Automatically Discover and Map Your Entire Network
See network devices, servers, virtual machines, cloud and wireless environments in context. Click on any device to get immediate access to a wealth of related network monitoring settings and reports. See how everything is connected and get answers faster. WhatsUp® Gold creates a detailed interactive map of your entire networked infrastructure.
Monitor Network Performance with Customizable Alerts
Leverage a dependency-aware network monitor to generate fewer more actionable alerts. Empower your network monitor with automated actions that trigger when a state change occurs including email alerts, SMS alerts, Slack alerts, IFTTT posts, service restarts, and web alarms. WhatsUp Gold's alert center and dashboards put you in control.
Drill-Down from Customized Dashboards
Create dashboards for individual users or technology domains to provide the information you need to streamline troubleshooting or administration. Customize dashboards with reports for servers, applications, virtual, wireless, cloud and network traffic. Export or schedule report runs to share with your team or management.
Discovery & Network Mapping
WhatsUp Gold network monitoring begins with powerful Layer 2/3 discovery of devices and any networked server. Discovery and Mapping tools include:
- Scope of discovery determined by individual IP addresses, seed scan, IP address ranges, or subnets
- Easy to add credentials including SNMP, Windows domain administrator, ADO, Telnet/SSH, VMware, JMX and SMIS
- Scheduling for ad hoc or recurring discoveries
- Built-in, customizable device roles assign monitors based on device type
Network Monitoring & Alerting
Keep ahead of network performance and availability issues with powerful Active, Passive and Performance monitors and intelligent alerting features including:
- Active Monitors which poll devices for an up/down or yes/no response
- Passive monitors for SNMP traps, Syslog, and Windows Event Logs from networked devices and servers
- Performance monitors using SNMP, SSH or WMI to track CPU, disk, memory and network utilization
- Alerts via email, SMS, and web or alert the whole team via Slack
- Real-time network monitoring deep-dive troubleshooting.
Reporting and Dashboards
WhatsUp Gold’s web-based interface makes reporting easy by quickly collecting , refining and delivering information to your IT team. Dashboard and reporting features include:
- Sorting, addition or removal of columns with a single click
- Timeframe or business hour filters (depending on report context)
- 'Pins' that apply filter choices to multiple reports
- An Overview Dashboard that displays up/down status with red-green bar charts
- Flexible scheduling and email distribution
- Report exports in multiple formats
Our Cloud Monitoring dashboards allow you to track cloud resource usage and billing and provide cost-justification to management. WhatsUp Gold automatically discovers, maps and monitors cloud environments including Amazon Web Services and Azure servers. Report and alert on the performance of every metric your cloud service provides through its API. As with all WhatsUp Gold data, this can be stored for years in order to track long-term trends - something impossible with the 60 or 90-day metrics most cloud providers support.