Barracuda Email Protection
Comprehensive, elegantly simple protection against email-borne threats to your users, brand, and business.
Over 75% of targeted cyber-attacks start with an email. Email-borne attacks interrupt business operations, cause financial damage, and compromise business integrity. Barracuda protects you with multiple layers of protection that includes all aspects of your email infrastructure including gateway defense, email resiliency, fraud protection, and user security awareness.
Complete Email Protection Requires a Layered Defense
Between 75% and 90% of targeted cyber-attacks start with an email. Email-borne attacks interrupt business operations, cause financial damage, and compromise business integrity. Barracuda protects you by extending traditional email security with a multi-faceted approach that protects all aspects of your email infrastructure.
Gateway Defense Layer
Stop Advanced Threats Before They Reach Your Mail Server
Modern email attacks have evolved beyond volumetric spam and phishing campaigns to zero-day threats like ransomware and business fraud. Barracuda’s Advanced Threat Protection, filtering, and encryption keep sensitive data safe. CPU-intensive tasks such as sandboxing to “detonate” suspicious attachments are performed in the Barracuda cloud with no impact on your email performance.
Email Resiliency Layer
Ensure Compliance and Continuity with Archiving and Backup
Business email requires compliance with email retention policies. Barracuda Essentials provides tamper-proof archiving and simplifies eDiscovery. Cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery protects your business from accidental or malicious deletion of emails and data. Mail server failover and email spooling ensure that emails are delivered –even if your mail server of Office 365 access fails.
Fraud Protection Layer
Stop Social Engineering Attacks with A.I.-Based Fraud Detection and DMARC
Barracuda Sentinel is powered by an AI engine that detects and blocks spear phishing attacks in real-time. The platform automatically learns the unique communication patterns of your organization to determine with a high degree of accuracy whether an email is part of a spear phishing attack. Identified attacks and quarantined in real-time, and the recipient and administrator are notified of the attempted attack.
User Security Awareness Layer
Build Your Human Firewall with Advanced Phishing Simulations and Training
Email filtering tools can’t catch email attacks that bypass the filters to reach users via their personal email, voicemail, or SMS. Therefore, a complete email protection strategy must include user security awareness training. Barracuda PhishLine automatically runs simulated phishing and administers personalized security awareness training. Using the industry’s most advanced reporting, it identifies risks by user, department, type of device, and thousands of other factors.
Next-Generation Email Security
As email-borne attacks have become more prevalent and sophisticated, traditional email security gateways can no longer protect users and data. Many threats, such as spear phishing attacks or emails directed at users via their personal email, bypass gateways.
While a secure gateway is still necessary, complete email protection also requires a multi-layered defense that stops advanced attacks and protects email data. Barracuda is the only company that combines award-winning email security that can identify phishing emails with user awareness training, archiving, and backup.
Defense Starts with the Email Security Gateway
Inbound Filtering Stops Spam and Protects Users
- Anti-spam technologies that block analyze several aspects of email messages with granular policy controls
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) that combines behavioral, heuristic, and sandboxing technologies to protect against zero-hour and targeted attacks
- Protection against sender spoofing, and domain name validation
- Link Protection and Typo-squatting protection that automatically rewrites URLs I emails so they can be validated at click time to block malicious links
Outbound Filtering and Encryption Protect Your Data and Reputation
- Prevent your organization from being put on spam block lists
- Prevents outbound attacks originating from inside your network
- DMARC, DKIM, and SPF authentication to validate emails and prevent others from spoofing your domain
- Data Leakage Protection (DLP) that prevents sensitive data such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, HIPAA data, and customer lists from being sent by email
- Email Encryption that ensures secure email transmissions